Sunday, April 12, 2009

Calling Urlich

I've had this song in my head a few times over the last couple of weeks for reasons unexplainable by me. I didn't have it on my iPod either so it's been haunting me. Naturally I had to get it immediately. It's Margaret Urlich's (remember her?) "Only My Heart Calling" from her album Safety in Numbers. This clip is so 1990. Big flowers, bright colours, double bass in pop music etc. Even the hair and make-up! How about that yellow blazer or the green ensemble Urlich wears? Tragically amazing. It's like the set of Blossom just exploded all over her, isn't it?

I also recommend "Number One (Remember When We Danced All Night)" if you're that way inclined. It's a stormer.

1 comment:

billy said...

hmmmm I wish I knew Margarete's email address. She might remember me from Coffs Harbour NSW when she played there. Margaret I've written some great songs right for your style. Are you still recording?