Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yet Another Reason Why Gwyneth Paltrow is Amazing

Look, I know not as many people share my opinion on Gwyneth Paltrow as I would like. That gal is all sorts of wonderful. I don't need more reasons to think so, but others do and for those people I present them with this quote about her Two Lovers co-star Joaquin Phoenix in regards to his i'm-quitting-acting-to-become-a-rapper performance art piece.

"What advice would I give to Joaquin? Hmmm...maybe to go live in the projects for a few years to get some authenticity, maybe."

Does this not amaze you?


"I amaze myself!"

7 comments:

par3182 said...

it does not

Adem With An E said...

Glenn, it amazes me. I love Gwenyth. LOVE LOVE LOVE HER.

We could be the only two in the world that do.

Anonymous said...

Phoenix's schtick is all an act. We all now it now so give it up, buddy! As for Paltrow, well, maybe she should live in the Projects as well rather than charging GBP7,000 plus monthly fee for people to join her nee gym! That membership better incluce some special personal services from Paltrow herself! I';ll bring the lube!

Scott said...

I also heart Gwyneth. Three reasons she is amazing:

1. 'Great Expectations' and that green dress. It's the original, pre-Keira green dress. She is enthrallingly seductive in the park fountain scene when they are adults, the way the cinematographer leverages the late afternoon sun to frame her. Amazing.

2. 'Sliding Doors'. Amazing.

3. The photo you've used. She was Oscar's best dressed that year by a mile.

Reasons that detract from her amazingness:

1. Shakespeare In Love
2. That saggy boob tube from the year after she won the Oscar (though the dramatic goth eye make-up was interesting).
3. 'Apple'.

Adem With An E said...

And by "Gwenyth" I mean "Gwyneth".

RC said...

that's hillarious! I love it!

adam k. said...

Sorry, I just can't take Gwynnie seriously anymore.

One word: GOOP.

Shame, too, cause I've totally softened on my once staunch conviction that she robbed Blanchett of the oscar in 1999. I now consider the two perfs roughly equal.

But seriously... GOOP.