Monday, March 23, 2009

7 Days 'til NYC: Rosemary's Baby

In anticipation for my trip to New York City I will be counting down with some of my NYC movies (and even some that I don't like just for a change of pace). Hope you all enjoy.


One of the sights I am seeing on my sojourn to New York City is The Dakota, a big hotel on Central Park West that has housed many a famous face (Yoko Ono and the dude she was married to... I forget his name). It is also the setting for one of the very finest horror movies ever made. That movie is indeed Roman Polanski's Rosemary's Baby, a taught and downright terrifying experience in witchcraft (or is it?) horror and satanism. Those final moments in the apartment of Mia Farrow i was literally sitting with my knees up under my chin half looking away from the screen/half watching on in terrified anticipation.

Ruth Gordon, the lady in the picture above, won an Oscar for performance here and yet Mia Farrow wasn't even nominated. In fact, Farrow has never been nominated for any Oscar. Isn't that crazy? Nevermind, I'm sure has more things in her life these days. And let us not forget that she had her face all over the second greatest movie poster of all time, thank you very much!

1 comment:

par3182 said...

if an elderly couple try to befriend you, keep moving...