Saturday, February 28, 2009

30 Days 'til NYC: 12 Angry Men

In anticipation for my trip to New York City I will be counting down with some of my NYC movies (and even some that I don't like just for a change of pace). Hope you all enjoy.

I guess this is what they call "classicism", right? The sort of "good story, well told" argument is perfect for Sidney Lumet's 12 Angry Men, with its interesting twist of the courtroom drama. I really respond to movies like this, actually. Simple films that revolve around well-written dialogue being performed well by good hard-working actors. I really don't ask for that much when it comes to movies, do I? The story can be as simple as twelve men (perhaps they're angry, just for a lark) sitting in a room deciding the fate of a man on trial for murder. And yet this movie is far more exciting, thrilling and inspiring than whatever gets classed as any of those adjectives these days.

No comments: