Tuesday, March 3, 2009

27 Days 'til NYC: Breakfast at Tiffany's

In anticipation for my trip to New York City I will be counting down with some of my NYC movies (and even some that I don't like just for a change of pace). Hope you all enjoy.


Fact: I hate Breakfast at Tiffany's. I really do. I admit it and am very open about it. I don't deny it if anyone asks and I'll go out of my way to make sure people know my stance on the movie. I don't like Hepburn, I don't like whoever the wet blanket is that plays her love interesting. I loathe Mickey Rooney and as I sat watching it I just did not care one bit. Oh, I cared about the cat, I think. I always care about the cats. I don't even like the acclaimed poster!

I do love "Moon River" though. Who doesn't?

Nevertheless, the movie is a classic New York movie so I felt I had to include it. And hey, it gave me an avenue to bash the movie so it's good for something!

4 comments:

FranklinBluth said...

So far in this series, you've included 2 (out of 5!!!) movies that you don't even like! What up with that?

You DON'T like Audrey Hepburn? Not even in 'My fair lady'?

Glenn said...

I like Audrey, I don't like her here. I generally like her though.

er, let's not get into My Fair Lady, shall we?

Dr Greg Heinrich said...

Audrey was fabulous in "Charade"... which has to be one of my top 5 movies of all time!

JA said...

Glenn, you are a monster.