Saturday, March 7, 2009

23 Days 'til NYC: King of New York

In anticipation for my trip to New York City I will be counting down with some of my NYC movies (and even some that I don't like just for a change of pace). Hope you all enjoy.

Abel Ferrara's infamous (his own wife walked out of the premier) absolute nightmare of a New York caught at the crossroads - the city is becoming a beacon once again, and the people who have a stake in it remaining a dirty violent wasteland doing everything they can to keep it that way. One of Christopher Walken's best performances (or, so says I) and some utterly balls out violence make King of New York a time hyped up variation on a time capsule. It's repugnant and vile, but oh so captivating and serves up the city of New York in ways that I had never experiences before.

1 comment:

guydavis said...

You're about to watch the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME, you lucky dog, you.