Sunday, March 8, 2009

22 Days 'til NYC: Rent

In anticipation for my trip to New York City I will be counting down with some of my NYC movies (and even some that I don't like just for a change of pace). Hope you all enjoy.

It's not that I like Christopher Columbus' film version of Rent as a movie per se, but I could very easily sit down to watch it on any given day of the week purely for the music aspect of it all. Oh, sure, I could listen to the soundtrack and it's not like the choreography is shown much so watching the movie isn't like watching it on stage, but there's just something about it, ya know? Plus, it helps to be able to look at that pretty pretty cast as they belt out these songs that I love. And, for what it's worth, my favourites are "La vie Boheme", "Today For You", "Take Me or Leave Me" and, obviously, "Seasons of Love". Lovely.


seanisbored said...

This soundtrack is <3

La Vie Boheme, is like crack.

Ben Rylan said...

Sorry, but this film is one of the worst experiences I have ever had in the cinema. It had about 4 moments that seemed like the end, only to come back for yet another relentless attempt at pretending to have a point. I'm sure the stage version is grand because I've heard plenty of good things about it (I wish I had seen it when I had the chance!!). Alas, this film is one of the few films I really 100% dislike.