Tuesday, March 17, 2009

13 Days 'til NYC: Klute

In anticipation for my trip to New York City I will be counting down with some of my NYC movies (and even some that I don't like just for a change of pace). Hope you all enjoy.


I want Jane Fonda back. I know that really goes without saying, but dammit I wish she'd get off her arse and make a great movie again. I know there are whisper's that she's being chased to portray the lead in August: Osage County and that's certainly an interesting step in the right direction (or so I've heard about the show itself), but I don't understand why someone such as Fonda isn't out there trying to find some great movie roles. People clearly still want to cast her, but I just wish they'd cast her in something that's... well, that's not Georgia Rule, ya know?

Alan J Pakula's Klute features everything that is so great about Fonda. Everything on down to how she pulls off that should-be iconic dress. And as an example of this sort of '70s thriller it ranks as one of the very finest. Fonda, however, is the key to everything and watching this just makes me pine.

No comments: