Wednesday, March 18, 2009

12 Days 'til NYC: Quick Change

In anticipation for my trip to New York City I will be counting down with some of my NYC movies (and even some that I don't like just for a change of pace). Hope you all enjoy.


The movie that both Inside Man and The Dark Knight appear to have borrowed from (well, there are similarities and I like this movie more than either of those so I choose to believe they copied it, okay?) Bill Murray's only directing credit - and a co-directing credit alongside Howard Franklin - is for this oft-forgotten gem of a bitter comedy. Murray stars alongside Geena Davis and Randy Quaid as a trio of bank robbers who have far more troubles getting to the airport with their loot than they did actually stealing it.

I've seen Quick Change many, many times and it never fails to make me laugh. And for a comedy I think it is so smartly put together. It may feel like a general collection of skits pieces together, but the way it is written is perfection and it ends up as a madcap, but oft-mean-spirited, getaway comedy. You should really try and get a hold of a copy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the best comedies of the 1990s. Very under-rated and under-appreciated. This is what a comedy film should be like. Another comedy favourite of mine is Flirting With Disaster. Both films are very very funny.

Kamikaze Camel said...

Indeed it is. Loved Flirting with Disaster.