Saturday, February 21, 2009

National Day of Mourning

I'm not sure I quite get the idea of a "national day of mourning" since nothing brings out the compassion in people quite like the bushfire tragedy right here in my home state and anyone with a heard has been mourning the loss of these people and places since it began two weeks ago. But, a day of mourning it is and who am I to put blogging about the Oscars (or what have you) ahead of that? You may very well see my Oscar predictions pop up towards the end of the night, but for the majority of today I think the blog will stay quiet.

1 comment:

leah said...

kam, my deepest sympathies to you and all your countrymen & women, may you find the strength to pick up the pieces, carry on and rebuild in the face of such loss and destruction. my heart goes out to you.