Thursday, February 5, 2009

Frozen Soundtrack

I heard this song during the closing credits of Courtney Hunt's excellent Frozen River. It's called "Ray's Echo" and is by Keri Latimer. I am assuming it's an original song since Melissa Leo's character is called "Ray", but that makes me wonder why it wasn't on the Oscar's eligible contenders for Best Original Song. Anybody know what the deal is? It's a wonderful song, don't you think. Suits the movie - still the best thing I've seen from 2008 - perfectly.

3 comments:

elgringo said...

I like the song but still haven't seen the movie. It comes out to DVD soon and I'll check it out then. I was wondering why Springsteen's song from The Wrestler wasn't nominated. Hmm....

Joel said...

It really was an amazing film huh... So glad the academy at least took notice of Leo and the script...

Mark said...

That's a real nice, subtle song (like the film, I think?). Beautiful voice. I'm still itching to see the film, and mainly Leo's performance.