Sunday, February 15, 2009

Before/After

Here are two photographs I took of the Melbourne skyline on my mobile phone from my bedroom window yesterday (Sunday) at around 7pm. This is what it normally looks like when I look out my window. Lovely, isn't it? Click them to view them much larger.



However, here is what it looked like just seven hours earlier.



And it's basically the same today. Still, not was bad as it was on Friday when the sky was this revolting yellowy brown colour and the smell was, at times, overpowering. There are people walking around with face masks on! Crazy.

5 comments:

FranklinBluth said...

There was also a 'bushfire moon' on Friday night. Blood red.

Ben said...

Which suburb is this taken from? I'm guessing you are on the other side of the city to me as the Rialto is on the opposite side when I look at the city.

The brownness of everything is haunting lately, isn't it? Perhaps moreso as it wasn't so bad as the fires were happening. Apparently there's smoke all the way over in New Zealand!

Kamikaze Camel said...

Frank, tell me about it. The Friday air was putrid and that sun was very ominous.

Ben, I'm in Brusnwick West, but I don't know where you are....

Ben said...

I am in Seddon. It's delightful, in-case anyone was wondering.

Glenn said...

I know Seddon!