Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ads!

Hi, just a heads up from Stale Popcorn headquarters that I am testing with AdSense. I know it may be annoying, but - hey - if it helps me earn even a little bit more extra cash then I'll be happy. At the moment I'm just testing it out, hoping it doesn't distract too much. So I hope you don't throw your hands up in disgust at it all, but it's a means to an end so to speak so hopefully y'all will understand.

And as compensation here is Barbra Streisand's "Left in the Dark", which is all sorts of epic (pardon the background feedback). And I'm not even all that much of a fan of Babs' non movie career. I particularly love the moment at 3:50 where Barbra lights a cigarette and takes a swig from a bottle of coca-cola. HAH! In fact everyone is smoking a whole lot in this video. There's even a bit where she stops lip syncing to the backing tape to take a drag. Brilliant. And is that Kris Kristofferson as the barman? The whole song though is really amazing. Well done, I say!

4 comments:

Dave said...

What a sell-out.

I'm never coming here ever again.

Kamikaze Camel said...

I hope you're being sarcastic!

Dave said...

No. I meant every wo-

Oh wait.

(To be honest the only advert I'm seeing anyway is one for blogger itself, which is bonkers.)

Dame James Henry said...

Honestly, I don't find ads annoying unless they take you to another page without clicking on them or just pop up out of nowhere. We all need to make a little money in this recession and if we have to sacrifice visually harmony for a bit, I say who cares.