Thursday, January 8, 2009

This Week on Australian Screens

Cinema Releases for the Week 08/01/09

Igor - Why was this movie made?

Seven Pounds - Oh GAWD! This movie looks terrible.

The Tale of Despereaux - What a god awful weekend for new releases. This looks just as bad as Igor. Bloody hell!

DVD Releases for the Week 08/01/09

The Air I Breathe - Direct-to-DVD starring Kevin Bacon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Brendan Fraser, Julie Delpy (wha...?), Emile Hirsch, Forest Whitaker and Andy Garcia. Exactly.

Funny Games - Yes, as if Haneke's original wasn't bad enough here is the American version with Naomi Watts, Tim Roth and a brilliant poster.

Lost Boys 2: The Tribe - Huh?

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - I guess the DVD releases are looking just as bad as the cinema ones, ey?

Taken - The Liam Neeson thriller with the confusing marketing campaign, and a box office hit.

TV Screenings for the Week 08/01/09

10/01/09, Miss Sadie Thompson (1953), ABC1, 1.00PM - An obscure Rita Hayworth musical about nuclear war... er... something like that!

10/01/09, Stage Door (1937), ABC2, 8.35PM - This is a classic, y'all!

10/01/09, Hang 'Em High (1968), 7HD, 9.30PM - If you just can't get enough of Clint Eastwood!

11/01/09, While You Were Sleeping (1995), C7, 8.30PM - Oh man, you have no idea how many times I watched this on VHS when I was younger. I was so in love with Sandra Bullock, okay!?

11/01/09, Suddenly, Last Summer (1959), ABC1, 11.30PM - I freakin' L-O-V-E this movie, don't you? Absolutely amazing. Stunning. Brilliant. Gah!!!

13/01/09, The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956), ABC1, 11.30PM - I, shockingly, haven't seen this Hitchcock classic. Why? WHY?! I will rectify that.


Joel said...

Seven Pounds - Oh GAWD! This movie IS terrible.

Brodie said...

Noooo don't judge Seven Pounds just yet!! I mean, the plot IS ridiculous, but ROSARIO!!!! SHe was brilliant! definately my supporting actress win. and if you're too cool to pay in cinemas, at least watch it online haha! PLEASE!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE ROSARIO IGNORING!!!!

Glenn said...

I like Rosario more than most, but I don't think I could stand watching that movie.

Joel said...

I will admit that Rosario was the only decent thing about this film. But she doesn't have enough screen time for me to recommend the film purely for her.