Friday, December 12, 2008

Shakespear, Stay!

I've been on a Shakespears [sic] Sister kick today because I recently got ahold of their Greatest Hits collection, which was released a few years ago. How amazing were Shakespears Sister though? The correct answer is "incredibly!" because they were. And while I don't think "Stay" is their best song (that honour would probably go to "Heroin" if you made me choose right this second), it is the one that most people know. I generally prefer the vocals of Siobhan Fahey, but I think Marcella Detroit (who usually works best as backing or in a limited capacity due to the high pitch of her voice) knocked this one outta the park, didn't she? Although Fahey's dedazzled Grim Reaper is about twenty different kinds of stunning. Brings back so many memories. Bless Shakespears Sister.

2 comments:

Adem With An E said...

That video clip is legendary. As is the French & Saunders parody of it...

Kamikaze Camel said...

Yes! Yes it is. F&S's version is definitely hilarious.