Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Whatta Day!

I expected it to go a bit longer, too! I finished work at 4 o'clock and walked out to the site of piles of MX newspapers proclaiming Barack Obama the new President of the United States of America. Feels so good to type that, doesn't it? Considering I'm Australian I won't go into this all, because - honestly - who cares? But I'd just like to thank the Americans for rectifying those terrible mistakes made in 2000 and 2004. Let something that idiotic and mindless never happen again.

A friend of mine said she thought she saw Sarah Palin crying during John McCain's concession speech. Perhaps she was. Perhaps it's because she just realised she's a vile, worthless, pathetic and contemptible waste of a so-called "human being".

Now all we have to do is wait for the results on Prop 8. Is it too much to ask that Obama gets elected and Prop 8 doesn't pass? Here's hoping...

Great speech though, don't you reckon?


Catherine said...

His speech was mindblowing. How can he be so calm and collected? He's just a phenonemal guy.

I agree, it feels so great everytime I read/hear the line "President-Elect Barack Obama". I keep getting the shivers any time I hear that phrase. Like, is it really happening?!?

Sadly, I think Prop 8 will pass. :/

FranklinBluth said...

I saw Sarah Palin well-up during McCain's concession speech. Fortunately it immediately caused a short circuit and her convulsing robot shell had to be removed from the stage.