Sunday, November 2, 2008

Well Played, Poster: The International

Something struck me about this poster for Tom Tykwer thriller The International.

First, the poster:

Now, what struck me was that it's really not hard at all to fill poster space. I know I go on and on about this, but it's true! Granted, the people at Ignition Print had a great starting point (the twisty architecture of the Guggenheim Museum), but it's not that hard. Honestly. Why have so much boring empty space, which rarely works, when something such as this poster seem far more visually striking by simply having the entire image take over the design.

And, I'd alos like to point out, that it helps sell the movie a lot more. Having Clive Owen shooting an uzi while protecting Naomi Watts is all well and good, but the extension of the Guggenheim design throughout the poster adds a little bit extra, don't you think? A movie that features a gun fight? Meh. A movie that features a gunfight in the freakin' Guggenheim Museum? Tell me more...

No comments: