Sunday, November 9, 2008

IMDb Are Playing a Joke on Us

Sometimes the IMDb throws up wildly ridiculous things as a way of testing whether we're still paying attention. Or, at least, that's why I think they do it. Consider this article that appeared yesterday. See if you can spot the oddity.


Somebody at the IMDb offices thought they'd play a little joke and include the artwork for the 1988 Bette Midler/Lily Tomlin comedy Big Business in a story about James Bond's box office in the UK. Now, as "wildly entertaining" as Big Business is (it has been nigh on a decade since I saw it on afternoon TV so the memory is a bit fuzzy) I do think it's a little strange to be bringing up this 1980s relic in an article about James Bond purely because the subject title includes the words "big business".

Meanwhile, are you aware that IMDb recommends you watch Ray if you like Big Business. Because those two movies are so alike.

4 comments:

elgringo said...

Damnit, I just hit the "Print Screen" button so that I could post about this. Guess you beat me to it. Anyway, that's funny stuff. Keeps us on our toes.

Catherine said...

I really don't know how many times I've watched Big Business. Around 4, probably. I just cannot get enough of Bette Midler's intense eyes.

Dave said...

They've done it again. Probably not so funny, but they are stupid sometimes.

Dave said...

I am quite disappointed that there isn't a film called "Vampire Hunk" though. But I suppose that's what Twilight is for.