Thursday, November 27, 2008

Four Things Meme

I got tagged by Ali and because I have nothing better to do than watch The Amazing Race and eat pasta I thought I would indulge.

Four jobs you've had in your life:
Checkout chick, Music critic, Book store salesperson, Blogger (hey, it's a full time job!)

Four movies you could watch over and over again:
Bob Fosse's All That Jazz, David Lynch's Mulholland Drive, Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho and - oh yes - Howard Franklin/Bill Murray's Quick Change.

Four places you've lived:
Blacktown, Geelong (and it's various suburbs), Brunswick West and... umm... I haven't lived anywhere else as far as I'm aware.

Four TV shows you love to watch:
I thought I'd try and list shows that are currently on, but the list of shows I watch is incredibly short so I threw in some oldies too. The Golden Girls, Twin Peaks, Ugly Betty and At the Movies (hey, it counts! I could watch David and Margaret bicker all day.)

Four places you've been on vacation:
New York City, Los Angeles, Sydney, The Gold Coast - oooh!

Four websites you visit daily:
Facebook, The Film Experience, Inside Film, Defamer AU.

Four of your favourite foods:
Pasta, Seafood, Noodles, Lindt Mint-Infused Chocolate (mmmm - so addictive!)

Four places you'd rather be right now:
1. New York City - I have my tickets, now I'm just waiting for April to arrive!
2. One of those game show booths where money flies around and you grab how much you can shove into your pockets - Because I'm poor and it looks like fun!
3. At the cinema watching one of the many many films to see before I can even think of doing a "Best of 2008" piece.
4. In winter - I am sooo not a summer person, okay!

Four bloggers you're tagging:
You, you, you and you! Yes, I know it was unspecific, but whatevs. I can't make you do anything so if you want to do it then do it.

4 comments:

Guy said...

Damn you, Glenn, I can never resist a list:

FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD: I'm including paid jobs only! Screenwriter, ministerial drafter (aka letter-writer for the Department of Health), Second-hand bookstore salesperson, financial recruitment receptionist (I know... how?)

FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN: Moulin Rouge, The Good Girl, The Apartment, The Red Balloon

FOUR PLACES I'VE LIVED: Johannesburg, New Jersey, Rotterdam, London

FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH: (Past and present) Mad Men, American Idol, The Sopranos, Absolutely Fabulous

FOUR PLACES I'VE BEEN ON VACATION: Portugal, Berlin, Mozambique, Maine, and more

FOUR WEBSITES I VISIT DAILY: (Not counting InContention, of course) Guardian, Popjustice, Vulture, The Sartorialist

FOUR OF MY FAVOURITE FOODS: Watermelon, spaghetti carbonara, a really perfect ribeye steak, and a perfectly squidgy chocolate cake.
(That was NOT supposed to rhyme.)

FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1) Wherever Juliette Binoche is. Let's assume it's Paris, and that covers my second pick too. Ha.
2) I want to be man at the lonely petrol station in the Edward Hopper painting.
3) Ramsgate Beach, South Africa. Sun, surf, nostalgia and a waffle house. Yay.
4) At the offices of Vanity Fair, starting some amazing editorial job.

Sigh.

Catherine said...

FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD: Hah, I wish. Gonna have to include unpaid work experience. Exam supervisor, teaching assistant, file clerk in an art museum, runner for a catering company.

FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN: All About Eve, All About My Mother, Mean Girls, The Station Agent.

FOUR PLACES I'VE LIVED: Never left my childhood home!

FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH: America's Next Top Model, Twin Peaks, Stictly Come Dancing, Arrested Development.

FOUR PLACES I'VE BEEN ON VACACTION: Paris, Prague, Verona, London.

FOUR WEBSITES I VISIT DAILY: Film Experience, Go Fug Yourself, The Sheila Variations, Stale Popcorn!

FOUR OF MY FAVOURITE FOODS: Chips 'n salsa, fajitas, hot salty popcorn, lemons.

FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW: New York, New York, New York, New York.

Glenn said...

Aw, thanks Catherine!

Sally Belle said...

Way late on this one...however, will add to my visit everyday list.
Your Jamie Bell banner drew me in. Jamie being one of the coolest guys ever.

Four jobs I've had: Actor, Theatre Director, bartender, acting coach

Four movies I can watch over and over: To Kill A Mockingbird, Die Hard, The Princess Bride, The Godfather

Four places I've lived: Los Angeles, London, New York, Oakland

Four T.V. shows I love: Top Chef, Weeds, Saving Grace, Project Runway

Four places I've been on vacation: Paris, China, Hawaii, Cannes

Four websites daily: Film Experience, Awardsdaily, Huffington Post, Wireimage

Four favorite foods: pizza, peaches, garlic bread, cherries

Four places I'd rather be: New York City, Paris, riding a horse, a porch swing