Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This is the Australia Poster


That was the Australia poster [src]. I am personally not too keen on the transition they've done between the big floating heads of Nicole and Hugh and the collage line below of (was there a dust storm?), but generally think it's quite good. It's certainly no disaster like the posters for oh so many films that are gunning for Oscar. And, yes, anybody with eyes can see the resemblence to the Gone with the Wind key art, but that's alright considering the film itself is positioning itself in that film's style.

I will say this though: It's very C-I-N-E-M-A-T-I-C, huh? It will surely look gorgeous in glossy form hanging in a cinema foyer. I would have thought Baz Luhrmann would get a bigger line than the the one he gets in the credit box. Nevertheless, I am being overly critical because I love. Don't forget that.

edit: Oh my! Upon further inspection, it appears the designers omitted Tasmania from the little version of Australia between Kidman and Jackman's above-the-title spots. Hahahaawwww. Poor imbreds (j/k!!!)!

2 comments:

FranklinBluth said...

whoops! Tasmanians can get a bit pissed off about that!

FranklinBluth said...

whoops! Tasmanians can get a bit pissed off about that!