Thursday, October 2, 2008

Links On My Mind

Some links that are interesting me right now.

Have you heard this joke? Greg McLean and Jim Schembri get into a taxi and... wait, that's not a joke. It's actually true. Schembri, from >Cinetopia @ The Age and Greg McLean happened to catch a cab together last weekend in which McLean not only discusses his thoughts on the Aussie film industry - The Tender Hook's shocking $7mil budget primarily - but also gave forth this nugget of news:

"I think that even if the film had been a huge success we would still be doing what we're doing now, which is on draft 300 of this thing, trying to get it really, really right."

...

"It's another horror film. Can't say too much, but it's another horror movie and we hope we're going to be green lit in the next two months, ideally."

Where do I sign up?

Pop quiz hotshot! InContention goes back to 1994 for one of the finest action flicks ever. Yes, ever. Why does this movie keep popping up lately...? Rants of a Diva meanwhile goes back to 1996 and embraces The First Wives Club. Have you listened to Puff Johnson's "Over & Over" lately? Isn't it still quite excellent.

9021Oh! Defamer is upset, but it's hardly surprising that Beverly Hills 90210 has been axed by Network "SERIOUSLY!" Ten. It was shit. I think we established that fairly early, no?

Laser Ahoy! This just makes me laugh so much (via)

My thoughts exactly! Movie Poster Addict discusses the poster for Valkyrie, the much laughed at Tom Cruise-is-a-one-eyed-nazi-hunter movie out later this year (or is it next year? I can't keep up with it's fussy scheduling). I like the poster in that it's better than so many others lately - the background reminds me of the poster for The Italian Job and I like the colour use. But... it just doesn't quite get there.

Shoop Shoop, The Film Experience timewarps to 1990 and back again to 2008. Freaky. Nathaniel also discusses the trailer for Baz Luhrmann's Australia, which I've embedded below. Looks exciting doesn't it? The images, the music ("The Only Moment We Were Alone" by Explosions in the Sky), the shirtless Hugh Jackman, the everything. I cannot wait for November 26! I'll be there on opening night without a doubt!

4 comments:

Dame James Henry said...

Thanks for the shoutout, but you accidentally wrote "Rural Juror" instead of "Rants of a Diva"!

Dame James Henry said...

Oh, and I wish someone would cancel 90210 over here so I will actually give up on the show and not keeping hoping that something vaguely interesting will happen. I swear, it just turns into more and more of a disaster every week. It keeps repeating the same (very boring) storylines and nothing ever changes. Gossip Girl totally kicks its ass in every way possible.

JA said...

Yay Greg McLean horror movie!

Kamikaze Camel said...

Aww, sorry James. Not sure what happened there... :(