Monday, October 20, 2008

"Coming Soon"

That appears to be the Weinstein's personal matra, doesn't it? Everything about them seems to be "coming soon". I checked out their official website today and thought I'd see what they had up about the new film by Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot and The Hours) starring Ralph Fiennes and Kate Winslet and was, of course, greeted by this:


For a movie that is out in seven weeks and two days, the fact that they don't even have a trailer (or poster, for that matter) is both worrying and typical. Word on the Oscar blogosphere is that The Reader is far from being complete and that the Weinsteins are just being greedy and now that their partnership with MGM has come to an end I wonder how they are ever going to market this movie. They do realise, don't they, that in order to get people to see your film you must release a poster and a trailer and actually market it. Or are they taking cues from the Australian film industry? Oy....

5 comments:

J.D. said...

Well, we can't say it's unbelievable...

Christ, I just wanna beat them with an oar, just to relieve all this stress that's THEIR fault anyway.

Glenn said...

Their site has absolutely nothing on it. Do they even have anyone running that thing? It's ridiculous.

leah said...

'christ, i just wanna beat them with an oar...'

jd, are you imagining harvey as dickie greenleaf and you as tom ripley in that rowboat? ;)

Kamikaze Camel said...

I thought that too! Although I'd hardly compare Harvey Weinstein and Jude Law. In any way shape or form (but especially shape, boom tsh!)

J.D. said...

I would never give El Harvey that much credit! It's just death by oar is one of my favorite choices of hypothetical homicides. And yeah, Ripley did that to me, LOL.