Saturday, September 27, 2008

RIP Paul Newman

Paul Newman passed away tonight. One of the finest actors the world of cinema has ever seen, and one of the greatest ambassadors for the arts has died after providing us with classic films, classic performances and a classic life that included humanitarian efforts and charity. May he be remembered for longer than every single other so-called celebrity of this day and age. If his Cat on a Hot Tin Roof co-star Elizabeth Taylor was to pass this weekend too I don't know what I'd do. It would be just too sad.

To choose just one performance to remember him by would be incredibly tough. My favourite film that he was in is Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, but I think I'll always remember his performance in The Sting more. The lovable cad personifies Newman to a tee. Bless him. The legend. Paul Newman.



Diane said...

A fitting tribute - your words say it so well!

My favourite movie was Sting too!

movie fan said...

it's hard not to admire Paul Newman for putting his money to work in such productive ways, such as his Newman's Own line--high quality stuff and the proceeds go to good causes... very smart.