Saturday, August 2, 2008

And Justice For All...

Those French musos Justice are on quite a role lately, aren't they? Last year they released their epic album (#6 Best Album of 2007) and it's first single "D.A.N.C.E." had quite a great video clip. You remember it, don't you? It had those two guys wearing t-shirts that did crazy shit. Earlier this year they released "Stress" as a single, which produced one of the greatest video clips of all time (it's essentially one big "FUCK YOU!" of a clip).

Well, now they've gone and done it again with the clip for "DVNO", which I just saw last week even though it has apparently been out for quite a while. Looks like they're going to #1 and #2 in terms of best videos of the year. The "DVNO" clip is much simpler than the one for "Stress" but, damn, is it fun to watch!? Try and see how many famous 1980s logos you can spot. I think the only one they're missed is Carolco Pictures, a logo that so many people lived by in the '80s (and early '90s).

More than that though, the song is just kick arse. Their most Daft Punk moment, sure, but if you're going to emulate...

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm showing my youth here: I recognised, like, none.

Matt Riviera said...

I'm showing my tv-free hippie upbringing I recognised, like, none.