Thursday, August 7, 2008


One movie I didn't mention in this entry was INLAND EMPIRE, David Lynch's three-hour odyssey into the mind of madness... or something something. It was released on DVD this week as part of Madman's amazing "Director's Suite" series in a two-disc set with glorious artwork on the cover and a bunch of special features including an interview with Lynch by Mike Figgis (Leaving Las Vegas, TimeCode), a "David Lynch Masterclass" whatever that is, a few more interviews and a trailer. Unfortunately Australia misses out on watching David Lynch the Chef, which the American edition had. Funnily - yet not surprisingly - enough, this DVD is also sold out at EzyDVD online.

I've been wanting to rewatch this experimental art piece (which is what I like to consider it as) since I saw it at MIFF '07 and so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy, waiting until Midnight and watching it with the sound up L-O-U-D.

No comments: