Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This Week on Australian Screens

Cinema Releases for the Week 31/07/08

And When Did You Last See Your Father? - I DON'T LIKE THIS TITLE!!! Stars Jim Broadbent and Colin Firth.

The Bank Job - Confession: Until earlier this year I always read Jason Statham's name as "Jason Stratham". I had been saying "Jason Stratham" for yeeeaaars. How odd, right? The Bank Job is a film from New Zealand director Roger Donaldson who scored a huge hit a few years back with The World's Fastest Indian. Looks good, but I think I'll have to skip it. Let's, however, look at Jason Statham.

Yes, I think that'll do.

The Square - An Aussie crime flick from director Nash Edgerton, written and co-starring his brother Joel Edgerton. It's getting good reviews. Stars David Roberts, Claire van der Boom and Anthony Hayes (who had his directorial debut Ten Empty out just a few weeks back).

Wanted - I've had it in for this movie from day one and I don't really know why. I'll pass, I think.

DVD Releases for the Week 31/07/08

I Know Who Killed Me - omgomgomgineedtoseethisomg! No, seriously, I have to because every time I see this I just die of laughter. I think it's the hilariously fake hand that Lindsay Lohan sports.

The Prince & Me 2: Royal Wedding - Why anybody thought the original Prince & Me needed a sequel is beyond me, but what is most perplexing is that it took two years and a half for it to receive a direct-to-DVD release here in Australia.

The Spiderwick Chronicles - I'm mildly allergic to Freddie Highmore and lame fantasy movies, so I won't be seeing this one even if it is directed by Mark Waters (Freaky Friday, House of Yes and Mean Girls).


par3182 said...

i've always pronounced it [homer simpson drooling sound]

Kamikaze Camel said...

hahah. brilliant!

Adem With An E said...

I Know Who Killed Me is brilliant in that so-shit-it's-amazing kind of way. In quite the state when we saw it a few months back, my friend and I whipped out our movie studies 'knowledge' from uni and dissected the movie so much, I wouldn't be surprised if half of our 'findings' were all in our heads.

Hilarious stuff.

Catherine said...

I haven't seen The Spiderwick Chronicles, but I have it on good authority that it's worth a look.

J.D. said...

Wanted is awesomecrazyHOT.

Amy said...

I Know Who Killed Me is so, so worth it. Of course, liquor helps.

Anonymous said...

I Know Who killed me is so so so bad that is funny