Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Canada Day

I was walking through Melbourne City yesterday on my way to the train station when I took a turn into Federation Square. It was then that I noticed on one of those strange news feeds they have all over the place that that day, July 1, was Canada Day. At that immediate moment I rang my friend Georgie to tell her. You see, we have an obsession with Robin Sparkles’ pop classic “Let’s Go the Mall” from her album Make it Sparkle. You know Robin is devoted to sparkle motion, right?

Funnily, the ringtone that plays whenever I call Georgie is none other than Robin Sparkles’ “Let’s Go to the Mall”. Freaky coincidence or amazing amazingness of amazingality? I think you know the answer. So even though I’m posting this a day late – I was in a funk yesterday that was nigh on impossible to get myself out of long enough to write anything up – it’s still Canada Day somewhere in Canada.

Let’s celebrate by rockin’ out to “Let’s Go to the Mall”. Starting today you can sing “I’m gonna rock your body ‘til Canada Day” and mean you’ll be rocking for an entire year. Anybody know what Robin Sparkles is up to these days? Is it true she’s a newsreader in New York City? That’s aboot the funniest rumour I heard all day!

Oh, and don’t forget the robot, okay!

Yeah, don't forget me!


richardwatts said...

Oh, so that's why I walked past a mob of drunk Canadians singing their national anthem on the steps of the Melbourne GPO the other night...

Kamikaze Camel said...

Pfft, it would've been better if they were singing "Let's Go to the Mall".