Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vicky Cristina Barceposter

See what I did there? Replaced "lona" with "poster". God I'm good.

Anyway, here is the newly released poster for Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona. It's shaping up to be Woody's biggest hit since the excellent Match Point in 2005. Oscar buzz says that Penelope Cruz is the standout and could very well be up for her second Academy Award. If that comes to pass then can the Academy pass up on the opportunity to have Javier Bardem (this year's winner for Best Supporting Actor) announce his girlfriend's name as the winner for Best Supporting Actress? Plus, it fits into their whole "multicultural" thing they've been going for lately.

Anyway. Voila!

via via.

Interesting that Woody Allen's name appears only in the tiny font down the bottom. And surely my eyes are deceiving me, because the names of the actors actually line up with how they're placed on the poster. That happens every once in a blue moon. Is a meteor about to crash into our planet, too?

1 comment:

J.D. said...

I know, right?! For a second, I was wondering when Scarlett got all that stubble.