Thursday, June 5, 2008

This Week on Australian Screens

Cinema Releases for the Week 05/06/08

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Didn't like the first, not gonna bother with the second.

Sex and the City: The Movie - I already have my tickets for Friday night. WEEE! I can't wait. I've seen that clip where the girls discuss "colouring" so much that I just can't stand it. I am more excited to see Cynthia Nixon and Kristen Davis than Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall (unless she turns into a mannequin!!!omg!), but the whole thing is just making me quake with anticipation. And all the sexist pigs out there can fuck off and die plzthnx. Today in the Herald Sun they had a "girls" review (4/5) and a "guys" review (0/5). I don't remember them doing that for stuff like Transformers or anything else that can encapsulated by "stuff blows up good". Ugh. So repulsive.

DVD Releases for the Week 05/06/08

Badlands - Terrence Malick's (Days of Heaven, The New World) first film finally receives a release down here. YAY!

Fool's Gold - Academy Award-nominee (hahah!) Kate Hudson and MTV Movie Award-winner (wow!) Matthew McConaughey star in this movie about two people who hate each other but, through their quest for gold, learn to love each other. ...or something something. Somehow it was a hit. Somehow McConaughey appeared on the poster (left) with a shirt on. Wha...?

Looking for Kitty - Ed Burns blah blah.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets - I didn't bother with the first of these Nicolas Cage treasure hunting flicks so I don't know why I'd start now.

Storm Warning - This is an Australian horror flick directed by Jamie Blanks (Urban Legend, the upcoming Long Weekend remake) that I've spoken about before. It's going direct-to-DVD. *sigh* Will they never learn...?

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - I never spoke about my thoughts on this blood musical by Tim Burton (I saw it the day after Heath Ledger died and had other things on my mind). I liked it a lot, actually, but that final act wasn't well-directed if you ask me.

The Tattooist - Whatever.

No comments: