Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blog Update

Okay, so I know since returning from my weekend sojourn I've been very quiet - bad me! - but I've actually been fixing the sidebar up. I can't believe I've gone all this time at version 2.0 of Stale Popcorn without making a link section in the sidebar. That makes a very bad blog buddy, doesn't it? Anyway, I've thrown up a whole lot of links over there to your left, you should try and check them out (but don't forget to return here when you're done).

In the music section, particularly, there are many great blogs that post great music from the '80s. I've discovered so many amazing tracks through them. I'm currently in love with Val Young's "If You Should Ever Be Lonely", which is like some long lost classic that just, ya know, isn't. Oh well.

If you read this lil blog of mine and think your link might look nice on the list then . Or, conversely, if you think I've just forgotten to put your link up, let me know. My bookmark system is crazily unco-ordinated right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm forgetting some great blogs.

Over the next few days I hope to be getting back into the swing of things before starting the UMA Awards next Monday July 1. If I haven't seen something by then... well, bad luck. I hope to see 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days plus Lust, Caution before then. Other than that I don't think there's any major contenders I've missed outside of the likes of enough foreign films and documentaries, films like Lars and the Real Girl and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, which I just didn't want to see (theatrically at least, as good as they may be), and the likes of The Savages and Persepolis, which have yet to be released in any way, shape or form over here. I know! And you wonder why I rag on distribution so much! I also would've loved to have seen some movies again, but such is the nature of time management.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now I know it..