Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thank God for SAW

No, not the nihilistic torture movie franchise, but music producers Stock, Aitken and Waterhouse. During their peak of the mid-to-late '80s and early '90s they were unstopple hit making machines. They had many protege's over the time - most famously Kylie Minogue - but one of my personal faves is Hazell Dean. She probably didn't need SAW to make her hits, her voice was so good anyway, but once she ventured away from that territory the hits vanished. The HiNRG genre tended to do that to a lot of performers during its hey day.

My absolutely favourite Dean track is "Whatever I Do (Wherever I Go)", but it does not appear to be anywhere on YouTube (!) so instead here's the clip for the also awesome "Who's Leaving Who?" Love the houseparty towards the end. An '80s dance cures all the world's ills, I am sure of it!

No comments: