Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tarantino's a Bastard

Okay, so by now all you regular readers should know that I would basically have Quentin Tarantino's babies if I could. I even think his grindhouse pastiche Death Proof was one of last year's very very best movies (which you'll find out about in a couple of weeks).

Alas, as anybody who is a fan of The QT (he's like The OC only with fewer wifebeaters and more car crashes) knows that he can be a real bastard sometimes. He is fond of routinely talking about movies and not actually making them. Perhaps most famous is his apparent Pulp Fiction prequel The Vega Brothers, which has never gotten off the ground. His next most talked about project is Inglorious Bastards, a WWII flick that he's had on the brain for five years.

Well, QT fans, it's time to celebrate because he's finally finished the screenplay to the film and, from the horses mouth, is ready to shoot.

The next movie I'm doing is my World War II movie. I just finished up the first draft and if ALL GOES WELL, I will be here, in Cannes, in 2009 with INGLORIOUS BASTARDS!


Of course, it could all turn out to be a big fat lie and in which case I'll drown my sorrows in the car chase of Death Proof or Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction or all of Jackie Brown or... etc.


No comments: