Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Rich Declare Themselves Poor

But they can still afford to vote 100 million times for American Idol, naturally!

I don't follow the American version of Idol, especially these last few years when only Jordin Sparks has managed to craft an international career, but my ears pricked up when I found out that the one and only George Michael had performed during the finale episode. He performed his classic tune "Preying for Time", which is just as relevent today as it was back in 1990 off his brilliant Listen Without Prejudice, Vol. 1 album. Brilliant stuff.

1 comment:

Dame James Henry said...

Oh my God, I thought this was excruciating when I watched it on Wednesday. The song was totally a mood killer right before the results were announced, George Michael had to annunciate and overly gesticulate every line and it seemed to go on for five minutes. The message may be positive, but it was deadly on Idol.