Wednesday, May 21, 2008

From Great to ?*!$*#huh? in One Easy Step

Okay, y'all know my love for Ricki-Lee. She's my poppet with the mostest (it rhymed better in my head). Anyway, she had a huuuge hit single last year with "Can't Touch This" (#61 Single of 2007) and it's now being released in the UK.

Except, it's being released under the title of "U Wanna Little of This" (*explodes) and it's been remixed to sound just like a Freemasons remix of, like, Booty Luv or whatever. Hmmm. I'm not exactly sure why though. The original was good enough as it was with it's infectious drum bass. And now it's just... well, I don't know what. I'd probably like it a lot more if it were just a remix of the original, but they're marketing it as a completely different song, which is just strange. And they've kept the video, which makes Ricki-Lee look kind of... unenthused. Before it was fine, but now the remix doesn't fit the movements.

Oh well. Compare for yourself.

"Can't Touch It"

"U Wanna Little of This"

The one big positive is that the skeezy Colin Farrell wannabe in the fugly shirt and hat is almost eradicated completely from the "U Wanna Little of This" clip, which I am all for.

No comments: