Thursday, May 29, 2008

100 Greatest Movie Posters: #8 - Detroit 9000

Detroit 9000 (1973)
Directed by Arthur Marks
Unknown Designer
Film Nationality - USA
Poster Nationality - USA

[click to enlarge]

Now here's one that I knew nobody would be able to predict. To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not even sure myself why I love this poster as much as I do. I am generally not a fan of posters that just throw everything on there, but perhaps it's the thematically designed way that it's done I think it works incredibly well. Plus, I love the use of colour the way the images are placed. That and I'm always a fan of a poster that does something cool with the title.

Clearly I have a thing for this sort of design as #37 on the countdown, another blaxploitation title, featured a vaguely similar motif and colour palate. Such is the way it goes, I suppose.

1 comment:


Ohmygod. I have never even heard anyone else reference this movie... but i've actually seen it. ha ha