Sunday, April 6, 2008

One of the Best Songs of 2008

I have no doubt in my mind that "Time to Pretend" by MGMT will feature very high in my top singles of 2008 countdown at the end of the year. It's a very very good song. VERY. Unfortunately I can't embed the (makeshift trippy) video clip so here, instead, is a clip of this American band - who I only thought were British at first because, well, they don't sound American - performing the song on The Late Show with David Letterman.

Is anyone getting a "Warm Leatherette" vibe at all? And I mean the original by The Normal, not Grace Jones. I think it's the sound effects.


Joel said...

I just the album yesterday! Gives me goosebumps listing to it.
My favourite song from the album is Kids.

Adem With An E said...

I was just going to ask Glenn, thoughts on the album??

Kamikaze Camel said...

Haven't listened to it yet.