Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Madonna Moment 15/04/08

It's ten days until Madonna's Hard Candy will undoubtedly find itself in Australian stores. It's set for release on the 26th, but those places put albums out early (I got Kylie's X a day early, too). I hope it's out a day early because I have a family wedding on the 26th so I won't have time to go grab a copy and have my own personal listening party (don't act like you weren't planning the exact same thing).

So, for shits and giggles, over the next 10 days I'm just going to be posting a Madonna related thing. Watch. Don't watch. Doesn't bother me.

Today is a clip of the best song Madonna has done this decade. It's not off Music, or American Life or Confessions on a Dancefloor. It's not a soundtrack song either. The song is an amazing reworking of a Madonna classic. Some may say that's indicitive of her career over the past eight years, I say it's indicitive of Stuart Price's genius. The video is made out of the scraps from her "Hung Up", "Sorry", "Get Together" and "Don't Tell Me" videos. Enjoy.


Dame James Henry said...

We have to wait all the way until the 29th to get Madonna's latest in America. I'm so jealous right now.

Boyd said...

Yahoo! I'm officially no longer the only one who thinks You Thrill Me is her best work in a long time. Go Glenn!!

Adem With An E said...

Agreed. It was my number #1 song of the year for 2006; definitely outshone anything else that year gave me musically. And the dance routine in the Confessions Tour to this version; stunning. An incredibly gorgeous and emotionally brilliant recreation and easily the definitive of the two versions (or three, I guess, if you count the fact that the lyrics to 'You Thrill Me' came from the original Erotica demo.)


um.... how do i not have this song?