Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's a Story of a Lovely Movie

I was sitting here last night wondering "What to watch?" I do that a lot. Despite having plenty of DVDs floating around that I have yet to watch - I have The Singer and The Lookout from Quickflix alone - and I'm constantly going back and forth on what to watch. I didn't feel like watching either of those so I went to see if there were any DVDs in my brother's collection that I hadn't seen and felt like watching. None.

I scanned my own DVD rack, shaking my head at all of them. And then, tada, the moment struck me. I grabbed the DVD off the shelf and laughed myself silly to...


Man oh man, I looove The Brady Bunch Movie. I think I've only seen a few episodes of the series here or there, but I could watch the movie over and over again (as a matter of fact, I have). So funny. Sure, it's a one joke movie, but so are many other so called comedies and they don't do it half as well as Betty Thomas does in this 1995 adaptation. The casting is so spot on it's scary, no? I particularly love Jennifer Elise Cox and Christine Taylor as Jan and Marcia (Marcia Marcia) respectively. And how crazy is it that they threw in a RuPaul cameo (and even included his "Supermodel (You Better Work)" on the soundtrack)! As I said, I looove The Brady Bunch Movie.


But is it Levi? Wrangler? Osh Kosh B'Gosh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaaaaan! Let's knock over a 7-11!!!

FranklinBluth said...

oh man... I loved this movie too! Marcia Marcia Marcia! Although I'm surprised you loved it so much considering you didn't watch the series.

Adam said...

What are your thoughts on A Very Brady Sequel?

Personally I'm still waiting on a Mr Ed remake ;)

Adam Q
http://quickflix.blogspot.com

Glenn said...

I don't care for the sequel, actually.