Friday, March 14, 2008

The Edge of Link


At the copa... copacabana...


Keira sings! In her new movie The Edge of Love Keira Knightley sings! Yay. Also on the soundtrack are Siouxsie Sioux, Angelo Badalamenti and Patrick World. Say wha...?

Filmmaker Magazine has a piece of the homeland censorship Thai director Apichatpong Weerasethakul is facing with his festival hit Syndromes and a Century. I didn't care for the movie (truth me told I think I fell asleep ever so briefly), but cencorship is just ridiculous. Why are Asian nations so protective of their so-called image? Nobody's gonna see a monk strumming a guitar in Syndromes and go "what a terrible country!" as they are implying. Hmmm.

Film Experience has a piece on Ang Lee's admirable-but-bland Hulk in relation to the upcoming reboot starring Ed Norton and Liv Tyler. It involves ALCOHOL! Wouldn't booze make you even sleepier during Hulk? I know I had a hard time keeping my eyes open and I was sober as a baby.

Defamer on Axel Whitehead's penis and why a return of it at this year's ARIAs could be on the cards.

Brad Bird! The director of Oscar-winning Animated flicks The Incredibles and Ratatouille is moving into the realm of live action with a film about the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. I... am intrigued.

Speaking of Pixar the final trailer for their upcoming Summer sci-fi adventure Wall-E is up (via My New Plaid Pants) and... well... it's pretty dawn amazing, isn't it? When the trailer gets me from laughing to crying (well, not crying, but that part where Eve and Wall-E call out to each other as she's been taken away feels really emotion-charged, doesn't it?) then you know they're doing something right. Does anyone know what that piece of music in the second half from another movie or part of Newman original score? Cause whatever it is it's great. Below are some screencaps because it's just sooo beautiful.










1 comment:

Catherine said...

Siouxsie and Kiera on the same soundtrack? Oh, dear.