Wednesday, March 5, 2008

100 Greatest Movie Posters: #45 - Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

#45
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Directed by George Lucas
Poster Designed by New Wave Creative
Film Nationality - USA
Poster Nationality - USA



[click to enlarge]

Despite whatever your feelings towards the Star Wars franchise and this particular film in general, I don't know anyone who would deny that this teaser is great. It does exactly was a "teaser" should do. I have a love/hate relationship with teaser posters. Sometimes, when they're like this, I love them (even moreso than the final designs), but most of the time they're just a freakin' logo. That's lame. I could get an old Batman logo and place it on a black background, ya know! I couldn't, however, do this, which is why it's here and why it's amazing.

It teases and fills the mind with possibilities (not mine, per se because I am generally hear nor there when it comes to the Star Wars galaxy).

1 comment:

qnz#1blogger said...

One word.........foreboding. Its a great blend of innocence and evil. We know its going to happen, the question is how