Friday, March 7, 2008

100 Greatest Movie Posters: #43 - Footlight Parade

#43
Footlight Parade (1933)
Directed by Lloyd Bacon
Poster Designed by Hubbard G Robinson & Joseph Tisman
Film Nationality - USA
Poster Nationality - USA



[click to enlarge]

Interesting fact: This poster of Lloyd Bacon's Footlight Parade is ranked no. 42 on the AFI's similar countdown. Creeepy. Although the rest of my respective list is much different. Still, I was pleased to see that they too ranked this one higher than that of 42nd Street (#67 on my countdown) because general concensus dictates that we have it the wrong way around.

I simply adore the use of colour on this poster. Whether the poster itself is from 1933 like the film I'm not sure, but the effect of there being some sort of colourful transparent curtain infront of the actors (James Cagney amongst them) is delicious. Although doesn't it look like those ladies are naked?

No comments: