Tuesday, March 18, 2008

100 Greatest Movie Posters: #38 - Out of Sight

#38
Out of Sight (1998)
Directed by Steven Soderbergh
Poster Designed by BLT
Film Nationality - USA
Poster Nationality - USA



[click to enlarge]

I don't remember Steven Soderbergh's Out of Sight being a retro throwback, but I love the poster for being so. I wish more posters had borders, don't you? I'm not sure why, I just love the look of borders. Classier, perhaps? And, also, quote marks around the title! For some reason I get a kick out of that. I love the colours, I love the poses, I love the set out of the text and I love they didn't just put a shot of Clooney mug looking suave. I just love the whole thing.

1 comment:

Jorien said...

I love this poster too! And I love the - very much underrated - film also a lot. I've been looking for this poster to hang on my wall, but i can't find it anywhere. Do you know where i can get this? At a reasonable price.. I have a film-blog also, but it's in Dutch unfortunatly! Nice blog, fun to read about the posters! (I know, this post is from march 2008, but I was surprised that someone likes this poster the same way I do!)