Saturday, March 22, 2008

100 Greatest Movie Posters: #36 - All About Eve

#36
All About Eve (1950)
Directed by Joseph Mankiewicz
Poster Designed by Eric Nitsche
Film Nationality - USA
Poster Nationality - USA



[click to enlarge]

I actually think this design for Joseph Mankiewicz' Oscar-winning All About Eve was for a rerelease, but I can't be sure. Either way, it's still a great design. Playful and to the spirit of the movie. That tagline "It's all about women... and their men!" is perfect! And it actually feels like a comedy when you look at it, as opposed to some of the other designs out there.

I also love that they managed to get Marilyn Monroe on the poster, despite the fact that she's barely in the film. Definitely marketing themselves with all they have, huh?

2 comments:

adam k. said...

Did you recently get an Email from this ShowHype film blog site thing? Apparently they rank me the #118 film blog on the web. I'm sure you're higher. I wonder what Nat is?

I'm curious whether other people got this Email.

Kamikaze Camel said...

I'm fairly certain that's spam (er, no offence, lol).