Friday, February 8, 2008

100 Greatest Movie Posters: #52 - American Gangster

American Gangster (2007)
Directed by Ridley Scott
Poster Designed by BLT & Associates
Film Nationality - USA
Poster Nationality - USA

[click to englarge]

Hey, I told you they'd be on here! I do consider the Russell Crowe version to be, perhaps, slightly better, but they work best as a pair don't you think? It may be a very immediate decision, but I figure posters aren't like movies. If I like this now then I'm sure I'll like it in years to come so why not put it on here. No need to penalise the designers for not coming up with this years ago. Also, let it be known that this is the closest you're gonna get to seeing the poster of Scarface poster on this list. Now that is a poster that has depreciated over time, right? It's like every fictional male character between the ages of 20 and 30 has that poster on a wall somewhere. So much so that I now sort of hate it.

Aaanyway, I've written about these posters more than enough. Click the links that follow to read my initial reaction and their #1 placement on my Best Posters of 2007 list.


J.D. said...

God, will you ever shut up about these two??? :)

Kamikaze Camel said...

Yes. Now.

qnz#1blogger said...

Scarface should've made the list. It came before american gangster and will be here long after it. The reason its everywhere is because of how strong its status has become. Idk why you can't see that