Thursday, February 21, 2008

100 Greatest Movie Posters: #47 - Look at Me

#47
Look at Me (2005)
Directed by Agnès Jaoui
Poster Designed by Jeremy Saunders
Film Nationality - France
Poster Nationality - Australia



[click to enlarge]

Look, I can't count the amount of times I have said it during both this countdown and just in general discussion, but - damn - I wish poster designers would just try.harder. This Australian poster for Agnès Jaoui's Look at Me is a perfect example of why. Just look at it. And then look at the other designs!

W-E-A-K-!

Look, I'm not saying every poster needs to be some delightfully off-centre experiment of art or whathaveyou, but this poster is just so good and is such a great representation for the film (which is filled with arty intellectual types) that I literally wanna gush over it.

I've been meaning to do a dedicatory piece towards Jeremy Saunders, my favourite current poster designer, for a while now so I think I'm going to have to. His artwork is just too good.

No comments: