Monday, January 21, 2008

Update: Negativoreno

I am sketching them down, but I won't be able to post my final Oscar predictions until about Midnight tonight due to family stuff I have to attend to. I'm hoping for more Atonement and less Into the Wild than the general concensus groupthink. I'm also thinking Juno and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly will both miss the best picture roster. Am I crazy? Perhaps. But in a season like this I think there's not much that can be done that can bring on a chorus of "dude! what were you thinking?"

Also, I'm seeing Lust, Caution and Sweeney Todd on Thursday. The latter is a part of the great idea former-No-Necked Monsters blogger Michael came up with - Yeah, Seen It! Lovely. Can't wait!

3 comments:

adam k. said...

You're not crazy, I still think Atonement will nab that last best picture slot too (over Juno and Diving Bell).

But who knows, I'll be surprised no matter what happens.

And there's kinda no way Into the Wild won't do well.

Kamikaze Camel said...

SHUTUPANDLETMEDREAM!!!

I don't think the Academy will be able to beat the supreme awesomeness that was the BAFTA nominations.

E Dot said...

Atonement? Really? Not completely crazy, but I think the film missed the boat.