Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Link Baby Link

Before I get into some links for y'all to peruse, I just wanted to make mention of something. In my general traipsing about the internet I found myself on Casey Affleck's Wikipedia page (don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you) and was shocked to find this as his main profile image.

\/ this \/


I have a feeling that whoever edited Casey's page isn't a fan, because what other reason would anybody have to put such an unflattering picture up?!

Aaanyway.

The Rural Juror has the best SAG rundown I've seen. It's hilarious and features multiple cameos by Kristen Stewart.

Nicks Flick Picks turns 10. And as my goal in life is to make people feel bad about themselves, here's a doozy of a lil fact: I was 12 when he started that site. 12! He's also getting through his 2007 roundrup at a much better pace than last year's, which he didn't even finish he adds quietly. His latest edition is Best Supporting Actor. I thought I was alone is considering John Caroll Lynch for my own UMA supporting actor category, so it's nice to see him show up on Nick's roster.

The Film Experience is also chugging through his end of 2007 honours. This time it's best posters and taglines. You can find my top posters of 2007 by clicking this link. You know you wanna.

StinkyLulu reviews Saiorse Ronan's performance in Atonement for Supporting Actress Sunday. The most interesting part of this entry is somebody in the comments who goes by the name "RBurton" actually insults Ronan's looks, saying she looks botoxed, while "Jeremy Hailman" says she looks "constipated". Aah, there's nothing quite like insulting 13-year-old girls over their appearance, is there? Let's all go out and make fun of little girls because their teeth are too big or their hair is ugly or they don't have any wrinkles!

Ugh. Some people make me sick. Crumb by Crumb also has a piece on the supporting actress race. I've only seen one of the contenders, which is kind of depressing.

Movie Marketing Madness delivers some sad news (with tips!) to Sony Pictures Classics and their recent Sundance acquirement, The Wackness. By the way, I love the design of the poster, which you can see to your right.

Adem with an E looks at Aussie magazines and the fact that if you glance over the magazine section at the supermarket nearly every single mag has Heath Ledger on the cover. Except Woman's Weekly. That has Fergie. The Dutchess, not The Dutchess. He also waxes lyrical on the - and I can't believe I'm saying this - truly great new song by Axel freakin' Whitehead.

...sorry...

...wait...

okay, I'm done now. I just threw up in my mouth a little. The irony in the song's title "I Don't Do Surprises" is surely the most unironic thing, right? Wow. That was complicated.

E! (via Towleroad) has a hilarious piece about how soon-to-be onscreen boyfriends Sean Penn and James Franco (mmm, James Franco) planned to move in together in preparation for their roles. There is nothing about this story that is not brilliant. Except for the whole "their schedules wouldn't allow it". I think we found out why Penn and Robin Wright Penn are now getting divorced! *snaps*

And just for fun...


Towleroad has a piece about the recently-outed lead singer of Faker. I liked Faker's first CD Addicted Romantic so this is nice news. Good on him for coming out.

Go Fug Yourself has a hilarious ongoing hard news investigation - Lindsay Lohan Legging Watch 2008. << I do, however, think that black polka-dot coat is both hilariously Project Runway use-whatever-you-can-find-in-the-apartment-including-the-shower-curtain awful and deliciously amazing. Hmmm. As you know I've had my own eye on Linday Lohan and her leggings recently, too.

9 comments:

adam k. said...

Oooooh, hottie in the mirror.

Yeah, that botox comment was truly bizarre. I will never understand some people.

Did anyone read my SAG liveblog thingy? I hope so. I never liveblog because it's a pain, but it was actually really fun this time and made the ceremony more interesting to watch... like, no moment is wasted. But anyway, Glenn, thanks for mentioning my blog in some regard : P

Rural Juror said...

HAHAHA. I was 9 when Nick started the site.

Gotta love Kristen Stewart, the doll.

JS said...

"here's a doozy of a lil fact: I was 12 when he started that site. 12!"

Same here. Nick was already allowed to watch cinema sex when I wasn't even legal to drink coffee yet. ._.

Kamikaze Camel said...

We're just burying Nick even deeper now, aren't we?

JS said...

Just wait until it's Nathaniel's turn. >_>

J.D. said...

Hey, think about this: I was 4! 4! That doesn't really sound right, but the truth's the truth I guess.

Also: 13 year-old girls sooo need to be pushed off their golden pedestals. Srslyz.

JS said...

I wonder if someone will bring these testimonials to Nick's attention.......

RC said...

you're right, totally unflatering...

it's one thing to make fun of affleck's picture...another thing to make fun of Ronan's overall look...how sad :-(

adam k. said...

BTW, I think Casey looks pretty hot in this picture. Though I wish I didn't.