Keira Knightley's emerald green dress in 'Atonement' has been named the 'Best Film Costume Of All Time.'
The silk gown landed the top spot in the poll conducted by Sky Movies and In Style magazine, pipping Marilyn Monroe's white dress from 'The Seven Year Itch' to the second position.
While I certainly think Keira's dress is to die for I think it's a bit rich calling it the best film costume of all time. Especially so soon after it's release. Have you seen the rest of the list though? They run out of actual costumes and just start listing general outfits. Take a look.
The top ten 'Best Film Costumes Of All Time' are:
1. Keira Knightley's green gown in 'Atonement'
2. Marilyn Monroe's white dress in 'The Seven Year Itch'
3. Audrey Hepburn's little black dress in 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'
4. Olivia Newton-John's tight leather trousers in 'Grease'
5. Kate Winslet's blue gown 'Titanic'
6. Diane Keaton's quirky tie and waistcoat combination in 'Annie Hall'
7. Nicole Kidman's satin corset in 'Moulin Rouge'
8. Liza Minnelli's stockings and bowler hat in 'Cabaret'
9. Cate Blanchett's sumptuous gown in 'Elizabeth: The Golden Age'
10. Vivien Leigh's billowing dresses in 'Gone With The Wind'
"Cate Blanchett's sumptuous gown"? "Vivien Leigh's billowing dresses"? Oh yeah, that sumptuous gown...
What about Marilyn Monroe's pink outfit from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes? Bruce Lee's yellow tracksuit from Game of Death (remade famous by Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, Vol 1), Divine's red fishtail outfit from the end of Pink Flamingos? blah yada etc... anyway, here are some pictures of Keira in that emerald dress. It's delicious.