1. It's a "romantic comedy" and that is actually romantic and comedic, a rare commodity in this day and age of the genre.
2. James Marsden.
3. James Marsden's cheek bones.
4. James Marsden and his cheek bones.
5. The "27 dresses" montage. Very very funny stuff.
6. Judy Greer
7. The chance to remember why Katherine Heigl is so effortlessly likable and to erase the horror that was the second half of Grey's Anatomy's third season with it's ridiculous Izzy/George infedelity storyline even though the first half of the season was spent showing Izzy mourning over the love of her life and whatnot.
9. Judy Greer.
10. The apartment that Katherine Heigl's character lives in. There is no way an assistant could ever affort that place, but it's so pretty.
11. James Marsden.
12. The opening duel wedding sequence.
13. The chance to see actual chemistry between the two stars of a romantic comedy.
14. The scene with the gift registry.
16. Solidifying for future reference that having "From the writer of The Devil Wears Prada" in your trailer is better than "From the producer of The Devil Wears Prada". Isn't that right Hilary?
17. James Marsden.
18. James Marsden's cheek bones.
19. James Marsden and his cheek bones.
18. Maulik Pancholy.
19. The yoga sequence.
20. That quote about sandwiches that I can't remember the exact wording of and I don't wanna ruin it because it was a funny quote!
21. Did I mention it's actually funny? It bares repeating
22. James Marsden.
23. James Marsden.
24. Judy Greer.
25. The soundtrack includes "Valerie" by Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse plus Rotary Connection's "Love Has Fallen On Me". How amazing is that?
26. The actual 27 dresses.
27. It's the best traditional rom-com since... In Her Shoes? Is that even a romantic comedy? I don't think so. I really can't think of a movie of this kind being as good as 27 Dresses in a long time. B+
It's been so long since I've been to a movie that was very nearly sold out, which this one was. The crowd loved it too. This one's gonna be big, I can tell. And just for future reference... JAMES MARSDEN!!!