Sunday, December 16, 2007

New Kid On The Block

Well, I didn't expect that! I have a new #1 of 2007 - the film that movies like Atonement (omg just over 48 hours!!!), No Country for Old Men, I'm Not There and all the others will have to aspire to be better than if they are to be my #1 of 2007.

I'm not going to say what the movie was just yet because I think it's fun to have a little mystery, especially when the film in question is not on any mainstream radar. It's not an Australian film though and it's definitely not going to get any Oscar nominations, despite the fact that it deserves them for - at least - picture, director, screenplay and costume design. It's incredibly powerful and does one of the finest jobs of authentically defining an era I can remember from a recent film.

Also, in a weird bout of parellelism, the film has the best title of 2007, too.

EEEEEE! So happy right now! And it's good because the two other movies from 2007 that were in the leading position before - that'd be Noise and Ratatouille - just didn't feel right, ya know? This movie does.

6 comments:

muskawo said...

hey I found you looking for people who were weird enough to find steve carell hot and then saw you were from gellong soo,... pretty cool.

you are cool.

muskawo said...

I meant geelong. ignore me I've been at a work christmas party

Dave said...

Of course I want to know what it is- it *should* be Bug, but what you said doesn't fit, sadly- but what excites me more is that you liked Black Book! The more I think about that film, the more I adore it. So yay for that.

adam k. said...

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford?

I feel like you'd seen that already... and it's too mainstream...

Kamikaze Camel said...

I have and it is. I gave it a B. And it's already winning awards.

Paul Martin said...

New Country For Old Men is damn good. The best Coen brothers film yet, and my favourite new mainstream release for the year. Some will find Fargo more entertaining, but this is film-making on a whole different level.